Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fix With Five II

When I visited the market the other day I bought a lovely butternut pumpkin with the idea of making pumpkin muffins. Unfortunately, that's not the recipe I'll be sharing today, as I didn't manage to get it quite perfect. I had some leftover mashed pumpkin and didn't want to freeze it, so I found four other ingredients: bacon, red onion, chicken stock and pistachios. Here is today's Fix With Five:

Quick and Tasty Pumpkin Soup
Serves 1

Ingredients:
About 1 cup mashed pumpkin
1 cup chicken stock
1 red onion, diced finely
bacon, diced
pistachios, very finely chopped

Method:
Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan. Add onion and bacon and cook, stirring, until onion is soft and bacon is cooked. Add pumpkin and chicken stock and stir well. Cook until hot, adding salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pistachios on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment