Thursday, June 16, 2011

Apologies

To my dear readers,

It has been six months since my last post. Slightly before my most recent recipe update, I had a slight nervous breakdown and was diagnosed with depression and an anxiety disorder. Medication, and some time off work got me back into the kitchen, but then something else happened.

My father was hospitalised with a brain tumour in December, which was directly related to the lung cancer he was treated for in 2005. After surgery to remove the tumour, he received radiation therapy and all was well. Unfortunately, he then spent the next six months in and out of hospital due to various complications.

Sadly, he lost his battle with cancer and passed away in the early hours of Sunday, June 12.

While he loved this blog and I know he would encourage me to continue, at this point in time I don't feel I am up to maintaining it. My inspiration and desire to be in the kitchen has waned and I don't know if or when that will change.

Thank you for reading my recipes thus far; I hope you all continue to be inspired by other sources and keep cooking.

xx Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment